Why Using a Meat Thermometer Can Help Make Your Cooking Safer and Better
Sometimes it’s very difficult to work out whether the meat on a grill is correctly cooked, especially if it’s a large joint of meat or a large bird such as a chicken or turkey. Over-cooked meat will disappoint your guests, and undercooked meat can be a health risk.
A meat thermometer is a good solution to these problems. Knowing how a meat thermometer works may prompt the chefs and even housewives to buy them. Kitchen equipment might just be used for a particular service and also depends on the user and the knowledge he or she has about it. Thus, choosing the best meat thermometer for your kitchen work can always add value and fun to your cooking experience. “MEATER” is a wireless smart meat thermometer, that will definitely be amazed you with its working style.
What Is It?
The MEATER is a truly wireless, dual sensor probe created with the sole job of helping you cook your food to perfection with the unwritten goal of boosting your grilling street-cred to Master BBQ’er.
How Does It Work?
- First, Download the Meater app (it’s available on iOS and Android), and link your Meater probe via Bluetooth and insert the probe into the meat.
- There’s a small indented line on the unit to show you just how deep to push. Then select you can either select the type of meat you’re cooking and the doneness you want and just select the temperature of the meat.
- After that, plops it on the grill or in the oven.
- Stick within 30 or so feet of the probe to keep monitoring the cook, and you’ll get continuous updates.
How Do You Charge It?
The MEATER is powered by a single AAA battery and can charge your MEATER probe up to 100 times before needing to be replaced.
What Are the Temperature Limits?
Meater measures either in Fahrenheit or Celsius up to 212 degrees F, for internal temps. That’s beyond enough for any meats, even smoked, especially when you consider that your meat is moistureless and completely ruined at 212 degrees F.
The max ambient temp it’ll register is 527 degrees F, which allows for flare-ups and high-heat searing. The stainless steel probe and ceramic handle are beyond sturdy, so no worries about melting the thing.
- Stainless steel construction
- Water resistant design, dustproof, and easy to clean
- Wireless up to 33 feet (10 meters): Bluetooth LE connection to your smart device
- MEATER Sense™: 2 temperature sensors in 1 probe
- Internal temperature sensor range: 212°F (100°C)
- Ambient temperature sensor range: 527°F (275°C)
- Rechargeable Battery: Lasts 24 hours of continuous cooking between charges
- Dimensions 130mm x 7mm (6mm diameter)
Well made, thought out design
Water-resistant, dust-proof, easy to clean
Built-in dual sensors
Limited wireless range